Welcome to this week’s M9B Friday Reveal!
This week, we are spotlighting Suzanne van Rooyen, author of
I Heart Robot
presented by Month9Books!
Be sure to enter the giveaway found at the end of the post!
• Twitter or Facebook? Twitter
• Favorite Superhero? Morpheus from The Sandman although he’s not always a hero exactly ;)
• Favorite TV show? Tie between Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful
• Sweet or Salty? Salty
• Coke or Pepsi? Coke
• Any Phobias? Grasshoppers
• Song you can’t get enough of right now? Hozier’s Take Me to Church
• Who is your ultimate Book Boyfriend? Ghost from Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite
• What are you reading right now or what’s on your TBR? Currently reading Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
• 2015 Movie you’re most looking forward to? Terminator: Genisys, and the new Avengers
Suzanne is a tattooed storyteller from South Africa. She currently lives in Finland and finds the cold, dark forests nothing if not inspiring. Although she has a Master’s degree in music, Suzanne prefers conjuring strange worlds and creating quirky characters. When not writing, she teaches dance and music to middle schoolers and entertains her shiba inu, Lego. Suzanne is represented by Jordy Albert of the Booker Albert Agency.
Sixteen-year-old Tyri wants to be a musician and wants to be with someone who won’t belittle her musical aspirations.
Q-I-99 aka ‘Quinn’ lives in a scrap metal sanctuary with other rogue droids. While some use violence to make their voices heard, demanding equal rights for AI enhanced robots, Quinn just wants a moment on stage with his violin to show the humans that androids like him have more to offer than their processing power.
Tyri and Quinn’s worlds collide when they’re accepted by the Baldur Junior Philharmonic Orchestra. As the rift between robots and humans deepens, Tyri and Quinn’s love of music brings them closer together, making Tyri question where her loyalties lie and Quinn question his place in the world. With the city on the brink of civil war, Tyri and Quinn make a shocking discovery that turns their world inside out. Will their passion for music be enough to hold them together while everything else crumbles down around them, or will the truth of who they are tear them apart?
Title: I Heart Robot
Publication date: March 31, 2015
Publisher: Month9Books, LLC.
Author: Suzanne van Rooyen
Complete the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win!
The book will be sent upon the titles release.